Tuesday, March 17

Sonogram - 27 Weeks, 3 Days

Kenna is now measuring 2 weeks behind schedule. Dr isnt sure why... she says maybe Kenna could just be a small girl or she could have a growth spurt later in the pregnancy. She doesnt seem to be too worried about it so I'm not going to stress over it either. Kenna is also in the breech position (feet first and head in my ribs) so she better turn around in the next month because Mommy does NOT want a c-section! She had her hands up by her face again, like always! As the dr put it... "shes still a girl!" So thats good news lol so we wont have any surprises during labor. And she also has a "full upper lip" still no seperation so I'm pretty sure she will be cleft lip free. I could definatley see that Orent chin this time... Just like Gav, Kenna is going to have the "ice pick chin" lol.

Gav was excited to see his "wittle sister" today! He kept telling the tech "that my wittle sister Kenna!" Haha it was completley adorable! I dont think he could be any more excited about it, which is good, but we'll see how he does when she gets here.

Other than that we're just getting ready for his surgery on Thursday. After we went for his pre-op appointment on Friday, I felt a little better about everything. I know they will take good care of him and I know he is a strong little boy, and he'll be just fine. I just hate seeing him in pain and I know its going to take a while to heal. We go in at 6am on Thursday, he goes into surgery at 7:30 and should be out of surgery around 10:30 or 11. Then we'll just make sure he is eating and drinking okay and they'll send us home sometime that afternoon or evening. This surgery isnt as severe as the last one so that puts my mind at ease a little bit. I know I just need to stay strong for him. Please keep us in your prayers!

This is a face shot, but the tech said Kenna was laying on the placenta so its kind of hard to make out the pic. You can definatley see that pointy chin!
Profile view - Shes got a petite little nose!


No comments: