Monday, July 7

Happy Late 4th!

Gavin survived his FIRST professional haircut!!!!!! I found out from a friend of mine, that there is this new hair salon for kids, where they have flat screens so the kids can watch cartoons, and for the chairs, they have little helicopters and firetrucks for the boys to sit in, and they have toys for the kids to play with... Anyway so I took Gavin there on Thursday, and he did wonderful! He was playing with the cars and trucks while we were waiting to get his hair cut, and then when they called him over, he sat in the firetruck and was playing with the steering wheel, and watching elmo the whole time. He was so good!!! I was amazed at how well he did, because we have tried to take him to get his hair cut before, and he never lets it happen, we've always had to leave before they could finish cutting because he kicks and screams, and makes it immpossible for them to cut his hair. Which is why Kris and I always cut it, and it is never even!! Well, now it is! And it looks so cute!!! Then when we were finished, they gave him a lollipop and a fake tattoo (for the fourth) and they had this little pouch of blue hair gel that I got him. So he was all decked out for the 4th... Blue hair, and a red white and blue peace sign on his cheek! He was adorable.

So.... Happy LATE 4th of July!!!!! Hope everyone had an awesome (and safe) day!

As for us, we went out to Little Elm. The town has what they call a "July Jubilee," and since we're going to be living there soon, we decided to celebrate the fourth of July out there! We had a really good time! My Mom and Danny and Dylan went with us, and we got a spot right on the lake, we cooked out and had a good time. The kids were all swimming in the lake, and I tried to get Gav to get in and go swimming, but everytime I walked him to the edge of the water, he would point and go "ewww mommmy, ewww." So... Gav ended up not swimming. They had bounce houses, and Gavin loved those! There was also a live band, and some other stuff. Gavin had cotton candy for the first time.. it was a mess. We'll probably wait to give him that again.

Anyway, we have our first appointment with the design center on wednesday!! YAY! We will be picking out all of our color schemes, cabinets, countertops, light fixtures, etc. We're very excited about it! After the design center, we'll have a construction meeting, and then the building process will begin!! We're still thinking the house will be done around the end of November.

Not much else new to blog about. Nothing too exciting going on... I'm going to get some laundry done now!

Love.

No comments: