Thursday, May 1

My First Post

Hello Everyone!

So I've decided to start the potty training process... well technically I decided I would start the process a few weeks ago, and just never stuck with it. This time, however, I plan on making it last. Gavin just turned 2 on Friday, April 25, so some may say he is still a little too young to potty train, but he has been showing signs that he is more than ready. He no longer wets his diaper at night, he waits till he wakes up in the morning, he also sits on his potty by him self (I do not have to tell him) and tries to potty, BUT he does this with his diaper still on. Anyway, I think he is ready. So far he has gone "pee pee in the potty" 3 times now... and counting. I put some pull ups on him so he knows when he pees (the pull ups change colors and get cold). I also have some little boxers I let him wear around the house, and I tell him to "tell mommy when you need to pee pee so you can go in your potty," This has not worked so far. Everytime I have tried this, he pees in his little undies and THEN says "uh oh mommy (pointing to the pee spot on the floor)." But I will contine to try this technique. I have a feeling Gavin will be a quick learner, I just have to be patient, and consistant with him. I am going to try to get some pictures of him on his little potty next time!

As far as the bottle goes... Gavin is still on it. He only takes his "ba-ba" when he is ready to go to sleep (at nap time and bed time). I have decided that is fine, and I will continue to let him have his chocolate milk, and juice when he is ready to go to sleep. I think it is just a comfort item for him, so I will see how long it lasts. I think the potty training is more important for now, so we'll stick with that. Gavin has only been on the bottle for a year now, because before his second surgery, he could not take the bottle on his own... This may just be my excuse for letting him have his bottle at bedtime, but I'm sticking to it.

Anyway, Gav had his two-year checkup yesterday, and the doctor says he looks great. The tube in his right ear has already fallen out, and the tube in his left ear is making its way out! The only thing the dr is concerned with is his speech. He is still not nearly as far along as most kids his age, so she suggests we go ahead and get him in some speech therapy... what could it hurt, right? So we're going to try it out. Gav is doing better on his speech, but still not caught up. We'll just have to keep working with him and being patient... he will get there eventually.

Other then that, nothing else new to report. We're having a garage sale this weekend, so I'm looking forward to cleaning out Gav's closet and dresser, and getting rid of his old clothes. His birthday party went great! He had a blast, and Daddy got him his own bounce house! He would play in there for hours if we let him. Also, he is now saying please and thank you, it sounds more like "peeease and taint you" haha but at least he is learning to be polite... and it is so cute the way he says it!!

I will post pictures soon!

2 comments:

maxi said...

Well , alrighty then, sounds like you have made a plan you are going to stick to! Is the top you have on in the picture, the one that we got at Macy's on Sunday?? I really like that one! Nice blog, I will try to keep up with you, but I never did close down the other one I had, and then there's my myspace!! Oh dear, what a dilemma!
What did you think about that pinching baby??? lol Love you more, always,GM

maxi said...

HEY, great pic of Dakota!!! Girl, you are getting good, you will pass me up soon, I am getting to blind!! I am so glad you love photography as much as I do, I was hoping you would pick it up, you have " THE EYE" !! By the way , I thought Dr. Fehron did not want Gav to have therapy? But like you said, it can't hurt him.
And the name thing ( if you remember, we talked about it) don't you think it looks so beautiful like that?? I noticed it right away, now if you switch it back, you will be able to see what I was talking about!! i miss having you and Gav to make me laugh!! Hey, did you get to watch the video w/sound? let me know, love you more,always,GM And that is one beautiful dog!