Friday, May 9

It just wasn't my day...

So lets talk a little bit about yesterday, shall we? Mkay, I woke up with a pounding headache, and the worst stomach ache EVER (well, besides the contractions I felt during labor). So I complained a little bit, then decided to take some benadryl....BAD IDEA. I fell asleep around 10am and did not wake up untill 2pm!!! I slept half the day away!! Not to mention, when I woke up, I was still not feeling well. (Kris was off yesterday, so he played with Gav while I was sleeping.) Anyway, I started feeling a little better around 4ish, and since I hadnt eaten breakfast OR lunch, I was starving by 5pm. I decided to go ahead and start dinner (lemon chicken and fettucini alfredo... my favorite!) Well I was still very out of it from the benadryl (I should have known not to take that stuff.) so I start frying the chicken for dinner, and about 2 mins into it, I realize... I forgot to batter the chicken!!!!! What the heck? So I'm all in a hurry trying to get the chicken out of the fryer and into the batter so I can re-fry the chicken. By this point, Kris has gone out to work on the car with Ray, so its just Gavin and I. I look over (in the midst of trying to get the chicken back in the pan) and I see Gavin COVERED in flour. What else could go wrong here? Apparently he went into the pantry, found a bag of flour, opened it, and preceeded to scoop it (with his hands) onto the kitchen floor. I was so furious. So I finally get the chicken back to frying, and clean up the disaster Gavin made. Well now its time to sit down for dinner, I've got my plate of food, and I've got Gav's plate and we're sitting at the kitchen table, when all of a sudden Ray comes in and goes... "Someone go pick up the pizzas!" I'm like... WHAT? Turns out... the boys had already called and ordered pizza and pasta from Goodfellas..... ugh. I just spent like an hour and a half on a dinner that should usually only take 45 mins, and now they're not even going to eat it..... whatever. So I ate my dinner, and saved the rest.

Later that night, Gav decides he wants to go out with the guys and help work on the car.... So I tell them "Gav's coming out, so keep an eye on him." About 10 mins after I say that and walk back inside, I hear Gav crying outside, so I run out there to find that Gavin has smashed his fingers in the car door.... Poor baby. So I comfort him, and decide to go out there with him (because he still wants to go out with the guys.) Gav and I are playing in the front, and he's eating a popcicle.... I turn my head for a split second to look at the cute puppy across the street, and when I turn back around, Gavin is bent over forwards, and has his head down, like he is looking at something behind him.... and PLOP! He falls flat on his face! He starts screaming, so I run inside and notice his nose is all scratched up and bleeding, and his lip is bleeding where he had his surgery.... I'm freaking out by this point. So we get some ice on it, stop the bleeding, and get a bandaid. Gavin calms down, Claire calms me down, and everything was fine. This morning he woke up with a purple bruised nose, and his lip is all red. It just wasnt either of our days yesterday.

As for today... we went shopping for a little while. We got Trevor's bday present, and when we pick Daddy up from work tonight, we're all going to dinner, so that should be nice. Then tomorrow we are going to T baby's birthday party! And Sunday we're celebrating Mother's Day with our Mommies.

Now that you've heard my itentary for the weekend, I'll end this post. Everyone have a wonderful weekend! And Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there! =)

1 comment:

maxi said...

OMG!!! well, let me ask you this, do you have pictures to back any of this up???? hahaha I am so sorry about that baby boy's injuries, God love it!! And you know that stomach thing? I have had it all week and it hurts very bad, don't know what it is though!I am better today, but my stomach is still not right! I just love the blog picture, one of my favorites, I would love to have this in an 8x10 or 11x14, it is soo beautiful!! I love you more and wish for you all over there a very happy Mother's Day!! xxxxoooo